web stats analysis

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Anniversaries and Birthdays...


Today is my mom and dad's wedding anniversary. They were married 59 years ago today. Here is a picture from their wedding reception.

Tomorrow, October 10th, would have been my dad's 79th birthday. This will be the first of these milestones without him around, and it is difficult.
October has always been the biggest month for birthday and other celebrations. Other birthdays in October include mine, my youngest sister's and my mom's mom (deceased). The anniversary of my oldest sister and her husband is also in October.

It was always easy for me to remember my dad's age, since our birthdays are only a few days apart and he is thirty years older than me (so you can figure out that I will be 49 next week).

It's still hard to believe that he is gone, and of course, we all miss him greatly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Al!

George