web stats analysis

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An afternoon stroll through Horomerice...

I've been meaning to walk through our little village and take some pictures to give a flavor of the place where we live. Horomerice is a little village technically outside of Prague, but it's really only a few miles from our house to the Dejvice metro stop. I don't know what the population of Horomerice is, but it can't be more than 2,000. Here are some of the interesting things I came across on my Sunday afternoon stroll.


Here is a wild sunflower that is growing on the main street through town. I know that it's being taken care of by two women who own a flower show just a couple of doors down. The sunflower is about 12 feet tall.
















Here are two pictures of a house a few feet from the bus stop. It is absolutely covered with ivy and is quite pretty. The house is made of brick which I don't think it can hurt much. But I don't think it's good to have it creeping under the roof tiles. Last fall the ivy turned bright red which was stunning. I will return in a few weeks after the color of the ivy turns.






Here is a little park that I walk through on the way home from work after getting off the bus. It's triangle shaped and it has some basic playground equipment for youngsters. Most days there are usually moms with their toddlers running around in the fenced park.

Also, it has what every park needs - a big crucifix. I don't know what happened in 1867, but I will try to find out.


Here is the most interesting sign in Horomerice. It's also on the main street, just down from the sunflower. I have not been inside this bar (no, really...) but I understand from people I know who have been inside that it's just a bar, and not a strip club. If that's the case I'm not sure why someone would give their bar that name.

No comments: